Friday, September 18, 2009

Casting off old friends ~

This is the second time I've finished this scarf, as the first time it was too short. As a horizontal scarf, it is difficult to gauge how long it will be when complete. I wore it once, and it felt like a weird collar bone cover, so I ripped it out and started again. It was the project from the 2008 Sewing Expo class with Roberta, on unique yarn ~ some out of soy, milk, crab shells, corn, bamboo and all those great experimental yarns that are fun to try.

Roberta gave us each a sampler to knit a horizontal scarf, and I had a lot of fun trying all the yarns.....
Since the weather was so beautiful today, the cat & I sat outside and I finished this scarf....

See how excited she is that I'm casting off?

1 comment:

Sarah Glova said...

she looks excited to me :) looks like a beautiful knitting day!