Monday, September 7, 2009

Birthday choice ~

Well, if you saw the yarn choices from yesterday, you'll know that picking which yarn to cast on for my birthday socks was not an easy choice. Yesterday I narrowed the choices to two, and wound both choices into cakes....(birthday cakes you say?) and the winner is......
Tropicana, by Claudia's Hand Paints.....when I tell you what happened today, you may understand why I chose such a tropical summer color.....

The Jitteryknitter will be so pleased, as she really likes this yarn too!!! :)

I didn't get to cast on until the evening of my birthday, around 9:00 PM...and I've made it past the increase of the toes...(below) although the colors aren't true in that picture...

Not bad for just casting on!!!! I had a delightful and full-of-fun birthday...I'll tell you more about it soon....

2 comments:

Sarah Glova said...

congrats, tropicana! I think it's a worthy winner :)

kathy b said...

Happy birthday and love the Tropicana you picked. Cannot wait to see them progress.