Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Best lessons ~

I had a marvelous spinning lesson on Sunday.  It was my first lesson since February, since my instructor is also running marathons and trying to qualify for the Boston Marathon. She is an amazing teacher and a super amazing inspiration! After four months of no lessons, she walked into our LYS and sees me with my head down over my spinning wheel and says, "Are you ok?" and my answer, with a smile was, "I'm having tension problems" and she says, "Yes, I can see that!" and within minutes she has told me what I need to adjust to not have these tension problems.. and off we were to a fabulous lesson!
I started spinning this 70/30 merino/bamboo and it is a little different that anything I've spun before.  The bamboo adds the shine that I love with silk, and is a little sticky in the drafting as well. From this picture, you can see that we have fixed the tension problem, for now! So great to have a lesson again, as it was the greatest few hours of the day!  Can't wait for our July spinning class!

No comments: