Friday, June 29, 2012

Dalliance with moonbeams ~

I was serious about The Banshee. I was looking forward to some serious color spinning in a retina searing way, with hot pink, orange and some wild green for good measure....really, I was serious...we had a date....Then the moonlight moved into my skylight last night, and I remembered a very sweet little braid that I received at Christmas....
She called to me...polka-dots and moonbeams (yes, that is the name) and I wondered how I could have left her as "not spun yet" fiber for this long.....This fiber is from Fiber Optic - the first booth at the first Sock Summit where I tried spinning on a drop spindle from Kimber - the amazing dyer...and oh, how she does colors!  I loved all of her colors, and this fiber is stunning.
So, I am going to dally a little with this sweet and soft bit of moonbeams...yes, this is "the stuff moonbeams are made of" and I am loving this little detour with my sweet pastels.....look at that yellow and the mint green, and the pinks and blues just melt.....and violet too......I will return for my date with The Banshee, once the moonlight begins to fade....:)

No comments: