Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ply time ~

I have finished spinning the four ounces of meriboo, which is merino/bamboo, and now I am ready to ply.  I am very excited about this, as this is the fiber which was lucky enough to be in the most recent spinning lesson, so I think I was able to spin very consistent and thinner than my typical singles. The singles are soft and lovely, and the shine from the bamboo looks like it could be silk.
From the picture, it looks like it wants to be a nice 2-ply yarn, and it is already trying to get there without my help... I hope I can help, and not hinder this lovely yarn-to-be!  P.S.  The bobbins, the wooden one made by my sweetie, and the black one made by our neighbor, are on my Katie-a-go-go that I love so much - very portable, just like my wee Pocket Spinning wheel!

No comments: