Saturday, June 16, 2012

Scoring Silk ~

One might ask, "How would I score some lovely silk, perhaps a blend with some wool....in fabulous colors...how would I do that?"   Well, readers, I did just that.  I scored several skeins of lovely Silky Wool in a lovely blue and an interesting greenish-yellow...all I had to do was wait patiently for Jitteryknitter to be sick of knitting with it.  She has already made a lovely cardigan sweater out of the blue, and I think there was another project out of the combination blue and greenish-yellow, and this last project was a scarf "with options."  The "options" were holes in the scarf where one could thread it one way, or another way and yet another way for many different "looks" however.... even with Debi, who can wear a shawl and scarf in every way imaginable, Debi could not make this "with options" scarf work even ONE way!!! Not even one!!!
So, Jitteryknitter sadly decided that she could not/would not/shall not knit with this yarn again....so I slipped in a request that I could try to knit something out of it... I could take that silky wool off her hands so she would not have to think about those "options" any more.....I caught her at a weak moment, and the yarn in now home with me... and almost all of the "options" have been frogged, and they are waiting for a different pattern...perhaps the Daybreak Shawl as I have heard that it is "not difficult" and I love how it looks....Do you think that is a good choice for this silk I have scored?

No comments: