Monday, June 4, 2012

Nervous Nupps ~

I have never knit nupps before - never... and I must say that I was a little nervous about all the counting and yarn overs, in one little stitch.  The nupps for the Annis shawl have this all in one stitch: (k1, yo) 3 times and then k1, so we go from one stitch to seven.... and then on the wrong side, I purl all 7 together.... and hope that I have the correct 7, and not some of the side stitches that want to get into the nupp... as the nupp is a happenin' place with all those silky stitches just hanging out, being together... I would want to be in the nupp too...
I have knit the first row with nupps and the purl row back, and I am not sure if I have knit this correctly...but it certainly looks lovely! Plus, since this yarn came from I Knit London, it seemed appropriate that I be knitting with it at least once over Jubilee weekend! Cheerio!

No comments: