Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day Yarn Yoga ~

I was very glad that we had planned an Earth Day Yarn Yoga last month, as I knew I would be able to knit something other than the mystery squares for the afghan because the squares were all due at church that morning. There was an extra spring in my step walking through the courtyard at church, through the spring trees to the sanctuary entrance, as I knew I had sock knitting in the car, waiting for Yarn Yoga....As one of my church friends greeted me at the door with, "Welcome" she also said, "Hey, I have my squares for you!" and reached into her bag and pulled out a zip-lock bag with lots of yarn...but I didn't see any squares.... She said, "I started one,but didn't really like knitting them, so you can finish them and just give me back my needles when you're done...."  Remembering that I'm at church, I knew that there must be a lesson here, so I said, "Sure, I can finish the square for you, and return your needles"  and she smiled and replied, "Oh, there are three squares in the bag"  No sock knitting for me on Earth Day.....just more squares that will never end...
Thankfully I have wonderful friends to share the square nightmare with.... and we had a lot of fun at our Yarn Yoga... Lisa knitting on a shawl, Marion knitting  bunny slippers, Debi knitting a shawl, Kathy finishing two scarves and Patti knitting a lovely brown scarf..... and I was knitting garter stitch squares....

No comments: