Monday, April 23, 2012

Hallelujah Heels ~

I stayed up until after midnight last night, knitting squares..... finishing all that were left of those "given" to me by the ladies that couldn't finish their own squares.  At last count, I started with 10 squares, received 15 more, then received 6 from Geri, and then 3 from Kathy the greeter...so I think that adds up to 34.... at about an hour for each square.... I am glad I was able to finish so many, and I do hope the raffle will get a lot of donations for the kids' mission trip.......
 
and now I am VERY excited to have started to knit the first heel on these lovely zebra socks..."Zebra" is the color of the Claudia Hand Paints yarn, and I love the twist and the colors.  As you can see from all these rubber bands, I am using the Queen Kahuna method which is a "cannot fail" method that I have loved for a long time....Hurrah to be done with the squares and Hallelujah to be knitting on socks!!!!

1 comment:

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Your´re right! Love the zebra. First when I saw your picture I wondered what exciting on the needles??? So many "rings" - It turned out it was socks and a heel. I must look up that version of a heel.
And it turnes out I can comment again!Hurray!!!