Wednesday, April 25, 2012

On Track ~

A great day for running track, and this was extra fun for me as I was able to be watching while my daughter was running her mile event.  She was very close to setting another PR (personal record) but missed it by seconds.... perhaps next track meet she will run another PR!
I love watching track meets. I especially love watching my kids running at track meets or cross country meets.  The kids are running with no helmets or shoulder pads or heavy equipment, just their shoes and uniforms....not weighed down with gear, like football or hockey.... such pure movement and grace, some have long strides and others power through short steps. The hurdles are always a bit scary to watch as someone always hits the hurdle in the last dash to the end, but always they pick themselves up and finish the race.  The sprinters have such different strides than the distance kids and it is all so exciting to watch.  Running is such a pure sport, pure energy and so exciting!

No comments: