Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Zebra spins ~

When I picked up my Pocket Wheel last October, on the Perfect Pocket Day, I was able to pick three bobbins for my wheel. Jitteryknitter picked out the zebra wood bobbin right away, as it has such personality, plus it is beautiful!  As you can see in that first picture from my Perfect Pocket Day, the zebra had some tension problems at first, just some adjustments to work out being in a new home, with a clueless spinner..:).. but the zebra and I have become good buddies, and we help each other ease the tension of our days to create some lovely singles.
Here is the zebra with the start of the second two ounces of my lovely 50/50 merino/silk. I've spun the first two ounces on this bobbin, and when the zebra has the rest of the two ounces, then I will make a lovely 2-ply and hopefully get enough yardage to make a dazzling shawl! You can still see a bit of tension on this single, as I am still learning on my spinning journey...the colors are so beautiful!

No comments: