Monday, January 16, 2012

Heart stopping drop ~

I have never learned how to weave a dropped stitch back up to the "live" stitches on the needle. I have never learned the difference of weaving a purled stitch from weaving a knitted stitch. I have never learned how to be calm and not freak out when I have dropped stitches. This nasty dropped stitch business happened while on the phone with my folks, I was reaching for a notepad and pen to write an address, and pulled out at least eight stitches of Trillian off my needles. Six stitches were easy to get right back on, but those last two stinkers... I may need an intervention....however, I am still breathing into my paper bag...trying to stay calm.....note to self: perhaps a good New Year's Resolution would be to learn how to get dropped stitches back into place...

2 comments:

Geri said...

Funny you should mention that... TechKnitter just did a blog post on that very same problem. Check it out here: http://techknitting.blogspot.com/2012/01/fixing-run-in-garter-or-seed-stitch.html

me said...

wow - how lucky (or unlucky!) is this! I will have to study this to see if I can catch on to this technique! Thanks for the tip, I've never seen this blog site before!!!