Thursday, January 5, 2012

Spinning last year ~

I realized that I forgot to post my last spinning of last year. Holidays were too busy to keep track of all the activities, and although I took pictures....they were never posted.....My homework assignment to have complete for my January spinning class is to have spun a colorful one ply so that I can learn to Navajo ply. I picked out a little bump of BFL/Tussah and started to spin. It turned out lovely and full of bright colors. I may check out some YouTube tutorials on Navajo plying, just to see what I'm in for at my spinning class this weekend! I'm so excited!!

2 comments:

Geri said...

Navajo (chain) plying is awesome and looks really good (very even). It really isn't that hard to do. Just make big slip knots and spin them. I learned via a YouTube video.

Make sure you post photos of your plied yarn.

Have fun!

me said...

Thanks for your encouragement, I am really excited to learn the Navajo method. I really should sneak a peek on YouTube to help prepare for the class. Who knew that spinning would become so addictive? You probably knew, right!!!! :)