Monday, January 23, 2012

Navajo merino/tencel ~

Practicing my Navajo plying again, this time with the lovely purples of my merino and tencel blend. I love how soft this feels, and the plying looks fair. I still do not completely understand the finer points of how to Navajo ply, as looking in my Visually Spinning book as a less than satisfying description and two pictures where I cannot see what the spinner's hands are doing. There must be many spinners that believe this is easy-peasy and feel they don't need to spend time with the details for beginners. So I am muddling along, and having a delightful time, as the twist is lovely and snug, and I am reminded of my dearest jitterbug twist, and perhaps someday when I am a great spinner, I can ply a jitterbug twist....ahhhh, my fondest spinning dream!

No comments: