Friday, January 20, 2012

Power outage knitting ~

Another snow day on our hill, but this one begins with no power - yes, lights out in the wee hours of the AM so we have plenty of time to get ready for the night. Well, we are still the hub for the neighborhood kids, sledding and snowball fights and lots of cocoa and marshmallow consumption. Also lunch and dinners, and we are having a blast. I did finish my mango handspun shawl, and as you'll note by the wee ball in the picture, I had just a teeny bit to spare! The thick and thin yarn makes it look rustic, and I'm excited to see how it will look when blocked. Very satisfying to knit with one's handspun! Even more satisfying to finish a project with one's handspun! Knitting with a headlamp worn as a necklace is the secret to knitting in a power outage. If you don't have a headlamp in your knitting bag now, I recommend you get one soon!!! Also took a picture out in the snow, just so you could see the shawl in more light...
Note: the power is now on while I'm posting this, as I am not yet clever enough to figure out how to post to the blog without power...my phone just won't do it!

No comments: