Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spinning prep ~

I had hoped to spin my lovely fiber from Ms. Gusset, a colorful 100% Australian merino wool which was given to me as a delightful gift at the 2011 Sock Summit from my wonderful knitting friends. I didn't realize that the fiber was not ready to spin, as it needed a lot of fluffing and pulling and lofting, as it was very compressed. Perhaps flying from Australia to Portland caused some of the compression. So I took two hours today and made the slim snakelike fiber tube (that you can see in the first pictures) and fluffed and pulled and lofted into lovely soft cloudy lite fiber. The colors are so lovely, and the shade changes so pretty. I had to keep taking pictures of the transformation from little dense tube to lovely soft fiber....now I can't wait to spin this!

No comments: