Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow day spinning ~

Lucky and cozy are we, as the snow falls around us and the schools get closed, and my job sends us all home early...my mind turns to what bonus activity I could be doing now that I have a snow day.... so we are safely off the roads, and cozy by the fireplace...and I'm spinning a new blend on my Pocket Wheel. This is a blend by Rain City Fiber Arts, the same company that I bought the yarn for the Track Star socks, and I love that yarn and I LOVE her color blends....So I've been thinking of this blend, as I bought three 1 ounce samples of 50/50 merino tencel when I was still drop spindling. It looks lovely spun as a single on my wheel! I am wondering how it will Navajo ply, but that will be tomorrow's project, since I'm hoping for another snow day at home!

No comments: