Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Navajo polwarth ~

As my spinning homework for this month, I needed to spin more singles so that I could practice my Navajo plying that Sam taught me this week. I spun one of my little 1 ounce samples of polwarth (beautiful fiber) so I could try to remember all the bits and pieces that Sam taught me.So far, so good, as it seemed to be working through the chain and keeping the chain going with the "live" loop and "live" single moving through it. Still have lots more practicing to do, as I still stop and then pedal the wheel, then pull more single through the loop and then stop...and then pedal the wheel. Almost like spindle spinning again! I am very happy I was able to practice so soon after the class, as I hope some of the good teaching will stick in my brain and finger/hand memory. I have another one ounce sample of the polwarth to practice with...Hurrah!

No comments: