Monday, January 30, 2012

Spinning Australian ~

After fluffing and pulling and tugging and smoothing for two hours, as I mentioned yesterday, it was finally time to spin this delightful 100% Australian merino. It spins like a dream and my Pocket Wheel made lovely slim single ply from this fiber. Very rarely did a fiber clump jump through my drafting fingers (see the thick "jump" in the middle), so much of this ply is even and thin.... I did notice that after two hours of spinning, my fingers were not so nimble with the drafting, so more clumps were jumping through. Sadly, I needed to stop, even though I wanted to keep spinning, as my nice thin singles were not so even and thin the longer I pushed myself. So now the fiber and singles are waiting for me to come back tomorrow, well rested and ready for more spinning! Hurrah!

No comments: