Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow day knitting ~

Since I had a bonus day home early from work, which turned out to include a bonus evening where I could stay up late since I didn't have to wake early... I decided to cast on with my hand spun yarn which is oh-so-soft mango, a blend of merino and tussah silk. The pattern, Chastain Park Shawl, is one I found on Ravelry, searching under the category of 150 yards or less, as I only have 149 yards of this lovely yarn. Since this is only the second (third if we count the sample Corriedale) that I've spun and plyed on the Pocket Wheel, it is still thick and thin, yet lovely and soft. The shawl has a rustic sort of look to it so far. I almost finished knitting it, as I was knitting into the wee hours, waiting for the snow storm to hit...by 2:00 AM the predicted storm had not hit...so I went to bed with only a few more rows left to knit....so I should finish this tomorrow, right?!!

No comments: