Monday, January 9, 2012

Navajo plying ~

OMG. I have to start with that, as I had a most awesome spinning class on Sunday. I had looked at some of the Navajo plying tutorials on YouTube and couldn't make heads or tails what the ladies were doing with their hands or their fingers.. I needed a close up webcam of their fingers so I could see what they were doing with the single ply with each step... Thank heavens I have the best EVER spinning teacher, as she was ever-so patient with me, showing me and re-showing me how each hand works, and then pedaling the spinning wheel, and then the loops of the single and then holding the chain and pulling the "live" strand from my single as I put it into the loop that I'm keeping open... I asked her if she would do a YouTube with close-ups of her hands, as it made so much sense once I could see what she was doing. I still can't do it very well, as I could really use a few more fingers and hands and brain cells to get every piece and part to work together. Although some of my yarn looked like a horrible beginner, I LOVE IT as the twist in some places looks like my beloved Jitterbug and Koigu. My homework is to practice more more more! Hurrah!

No comments: